Skip to main content

Accountability (Blogging)

I have a self imposed policy. I allow for anonymous postings on my blog. I want people to feel free to express themselves. However, take responsibility, (be accountable) for what you say.

If you want to share an opinion or a thought, great! But if you want to be critical (an action in and of itself that is not necessarily evil), do not post anonymously. Stand up for what you feel, and do it in a respectful manner. Honest and true people can agree to disagree, and do it with respect for one another.

I work in an industry where brand loyalty brings people to verbal blows constantly. The ‘mine is better than yours’ statements are totally moot when it comes to opinions. If it is “my cars engine in more powerful than your cars engine”, than we have something that we can draw empirical data from. There is no empirical data in an opinion, just egos, and I have no room for that.

Sound Off! But not from behind a tree for cover, stand on your soap box and be seen and heard. Be proud of who you are, what you say, and who you represent!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who IS Jesus?

Seems like silly question for a pastor to ask, but I find it more abundantly important today more than ever. When we get into conversations with non-believers, one of the first things that draws them to learn more is the conviction of their sin. This is a work of the Holy Spirit not us. Understanding that they have sinned, and understanding that they have sinned against God that has authority over them makes sense to a lot of people. Once they come to that understanding, they next step is to understand a need for forgiveness of that sin- what we call salvation. “Salvation” is a funny thing. Because in spite of the fact that its Christian meaning is virtually universal in its definition, how we come to receive salvation is where people get tripped up. To the evangelical Christian, Salvation can only be had one way. Through the biblical Jesus, and belief in Him as your openly means to salvation by faith, through the grace of God. Why do we believe this? Because this is what scriptu...

Matthew McConaughry, the Oscars and God

As Christians, we know what those relationships with other Christians feel like. They are just - better. You know what I mean. You get to know someone, might just be for a few moments, or even a few months, and the opportunity comes up to talk about church or faith, and you find out your friend or associate is a believer too. Suddenly, what was already a good relationship becomes a great one. It becomes better! Not because of you, or them. But because of Christ, and your fellowship in Him. As most Christians would confess, Hollywood has done far more to degrade our society and to mock God and His ways then it ever has done to make society better. 100 years ago when moving pictures were just getting started with films like " A Trip to the Moon ", the subject matter was a bit more tame. With the first open-mouth kiss coming to film in 1926, it did not take long for things to progress. Subject matter transformed from Charlie Chaplin's innocent, confused, com...

Not Drinking the Glenn Beck Kool-Aid®

I received several copies of a letter yesterday. I’m still struggling with this is many ways. It was authored by a fellow that I have a great deal of respect for as a man, and as a Christian leader in America. The letter covered this man's thoughts on the faith of radio talk show host and Fox News favorite, Glenn Beck. This discussion has come up often, and seems to be all the buzz in the Christian realm right now. I have consternating over this for some time, and having formed an opinion, feel it necessary today to weigh in on my thoughts.   I’m not drinking the Glenn Beck Christian Kool-Aid. Don't get me wrong, I love Glenn Beck, he's a heck of a nice guy. But there is much confusion here that needs to be addressed with regards to his Mormon faith. What if any other known Mormon walked up to your door and started telling you about their love for Jesus? What if any other self-confessed Mormon told you about their ‘conversion’ to Jesus? What if any other Mormon star...